Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 78
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 17877 times and has 77 replies Next Thread
knreed
Former World Community Grid Tech
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Forum Issues - Please post here

We have addressed the majority of the forum issues reported since the upgrade. In case we have missed some, or people identify new items, please post them in this thread.

thanks,
Kevin
[Sep 1, 2009 8:50:09 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
X-Files 27
Senior Cruncher
Canada
Project Badges:
Re: Forum Issues - Please post here

I don't see this one as related to "Cannot init system"
JSP Processing Error
HTTP Error Code: 404

Error Message:JSPG0036E: Failed to find resource /mvnplugin/mvnforum/user_xhtml/listforums.jsp

Root Cause:java.io.FileNotFoundException: JSPG0036E: Failed to find resource /mvnplugin/mvnforum/user_xhtml/listforums.jsp at com.ibm.ws.jsp.webcontainerext.AbstractJSPExtensionProcessor.findWrapper(AbstractJSPExtensionProcess

or.java:317) at com.ibm.ws.jsp.webcontainerext.AbstractJSPExtensionProcessor.handleRequest(AbstractJSPExtensionProce

ssor.java:282) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.forward(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java:321) at com.mvnforum.user.ForumUserServlet.process(ForumUserServlet.java:208) at com.mvnforum.user.ForumUserServlet.doGet(ForumUserServlet.java:96) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:743) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:1146) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:1087) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:145) at com.ibm.worldgrid.forums.AutoLoginFilter.doFilter(AutoLoginFilter.java:65) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.FilterInstanceWrapper.doFilter(FilterInstanceWrapper.java:190) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:130) at AuthenticationFilter.doFilter(AuthenticationFilter.java:235) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.FilterInstanceWrapper.doFilter(FilterInstanceWrapper.java:190) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:130) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain._doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:87) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.doFilter(WebAppFilterManager.java:837) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.doFilter(WebAppFilterManager.java:680) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:588) at com.ibm.ws.wswebcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:481) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.CacheServletWrapper.handleRequest(CacheServletWrapper.java:90) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WebContainer.handleRequest(WebContainer.java:748) at com.ibm.ws.wswebcontainer.WebContainer.handleRequest(WebContainer.java:1466) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.channel.WCChannelLink.ready(WCChannelLink.java:122) at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleDiscrimination(HttpInboundLink.java:458) at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleNewInformation(HttpInboundLink.java:387) at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpICLReadCallback.complete(HttpICLReadCallback.java:102) at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.AioReadCompletionListener.futureCompleted(AioReadCompletionListener.java

:165) at com.ibm.io.async.AbstractAsyncFuture.invokeCallback(AbstractAsyncFuture.java:217) at com.ibm.io.async.AsyncChannelFuture.fireCompletionActions(AsyncChannelFuture.java:161) at com.ibm.io.async.AsyncFuture.completed(AsyncFuture.java:136) at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.complete(ResultHandler.java:196) at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.runEventProcessingLoop(ResultHandler.java:751) at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler$2.run(ResultHandler.java:881) at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:1497)

----------------------------------------

[Sep 2, 2009 1:35:34 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
keithhenry
Ace Cruncher
Senile old farts of the world ....uh.....uh..... nevermind
Project Badges:

Kevin, thanks for fixing so much so quickly! The size tags work - sorta. It seems to work by itself and in combination with bolding but not color. Here's some examples that hopefully help:

Markup with delimiters changed:

{size=4}Testing{/size} works
{color=blue}Testing{/color} works
{b}Testing{/b} works
{color=blue}{b}Testing{/b}{/color} works
{b}{color=blue}Testing{/color}{/b} works
{size=4}{color=blue}Testing{/color}{/size} fails
{color=blue}{size=4}Testing{/size}{/color} fails
{size=4}{b}Testing{/b}{/size} works

Results of actual markup:

Testing works
Testing works
Testing works
Testing works
Testing works
Testing fails
Testing fails
Testing works
Join/Website/IMODB

[Sep 2, 2009 2:26:06 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
keithhenry
Ace Cruncher
Senile old farts of the world ....uh.....uh..... nevermind
Project Badges:

As a separate item, I see that the email and website icons are no longer part of posts. These may be gone on purpose and the website one is no big deal. With no email icon, there's no practical way to contact other members who are willing to share their email address. As a team captain, having an icon for mine provided a practical way for team members and others to contact me offline. Technically, team members can do that thru the team page. While team members can opt in to receive emails from their captian, I as captain can only email the opted-in team members as a group and not as individuals. Contacting an individual offline in a timely manner isn't possible without the email icon option.
Join/Website/IMODB

[Sep 2, 2009 2:35:53 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
knreed
Former World Community Grid Tech
Project Badges:

X-Files 27 - what URL are you using when you get that message.

Keithhenry - I will look at this in the morning.

thanks,
Kevin
[Sep 2, 2009 3:37:17 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Possible Problem, with a solution.

On my Main index page and other pages, it said Welcome Scribe at the top, But Welcome Guest further down the page, and the 'facilities' list did not include My Profile.

After I made a post, following the refresh, it now said Welcome Scribe in both places, and the Profile box had appeared.

It appeared Iwas only 'half' logged in.
[Sep 2, 2009 5:30:25 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
X-Files 27
Senior Cruncher
Canada
Project Badges:

X-Files 27 - what URL are you using when you get that message.

Keithhenry - I will look at this in the morning.

thanks,
Kevin

Clicking on forum will have this url: http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/forumLogin.do

Also tried:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/index

with the same results. Its so annoying cuz I have to remote to other pc in other to view the forum.

[Sep 2, 2009 6:22:31 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher

AND/ OR are great additions to find posts that have multiple words included anywhere in the text. The search for particular combinations when including code though seems to work now in unexpected way such as

"exit code 128 (0x80)"

It seemingly finding all instances that had exit code included. Would be most helpful in finding past occurrences of exact error messages.
WCG Global & Research > Make Proposal Help: Start Here!
Please help to make the Forums an enjoyable experience for All!
[Sep 2, 2009 8:02:49 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
JmBoullier
Former Community Advisor
Normandy - France
Project Badges:

The search for particular combinations when including code though seems to work now in unexpected way such as

"exit code 128 (0x80)"

It seemingly finding all instances that had exit code included. Would be most helpful in finding past occurrences of exact error messages.

Sek, remember I said in the CA forum that the quotes or double quotes are ignored, which I agree is very inconvenient.

So in your example you find all posts which contain exit or code or 128 or (0x80)

Before writing this post I checked that it is still not working using this string: "Using the Start Here FAQ threads is very useful". Would you believe that there are 56,257 posts containing it? smile
And with quotes, double quotes or nothing I get the same number, 56,257!
Team--> Decrypthon -->Statistics/Join -->Thread
[Sep 2, 2009 9:04:22 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher

Ah, but in anticipation of what the public side reporting knows, better share ;>)

Seems though to work for the shorter texts such as "exit code", 7457 hits biggrin
WCG Global & Research > Make Proposal Help: Start Here!
Please help to make the Forums an enjoyable experience for All!
[Sep 2, 2009 9:31:57 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread