Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 906 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
confused Don't quite understand why the boinc/wcg client application require restart after installation.

Don't quite understand why the boinc/wcg client application require restart after installation...
I don't think there's anything that requires reboot to take effect during the whole installation process.
[Jan 9, 2019 8:16:28 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:
Re: Don't quite understand why the boinc/wcg client application require restart after installation.

Not sure why you are experiencing that problem. I have not seen that on any installation I have done.
Cheers
----------------------------------------
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[Jan 9, 2019 12:40:04 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Jord
Advanced Cruncher
Project Badges:
Re: Don't quite understand why the boinc/wcg client application require restart after installation.

Go to the BOINC programs directory and remove rebootpending.txt, that'll fix that.
Tears in my eyes
How they fall like rain to the floor

[Jan 9, 2019 11:33:10 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Not sure why you are experiencing that problem. I have not seen that on any installation I have done.
Cheers

Errrgggggg.....

I guess when one tried to catch a bug, the bug always disappear...

Just reinstalled BOINC on my computer and it doesn't require reboot anymore... sad

But it required reboot at least once, and I'm sure... Or I won't have been forced to switch to F@H while studying in the college library computer room. laughing
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Jan 10, 2019 2:02:08 AM]
[Jan 10, 2019 2:00:24 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Go to the BOINC programs directory and remove rebootpending.txt, that'll fix that.

Thanks, will try later.
[Jan 10, 2019 2:00:43 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Cheers

Got it!
Just installed BOINC on another machine, and finally got the message asking me to reboot.

This computer's hardware configuration & os info:

Yes, it worked, thanks for that.
[Jan 12, 2019 6:00:43 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread