Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 260
Posts: 260   Pages: 26   [ Previous Page | 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 25985 times and has 259 replies Next Thread
Grumpy Swede
Master Cruncher
Svíþjóð
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Project Status (First Post Updated)

It's much better now. No Error 503 for quite a while, but the website is still pretty slow.
----------------------------------------

[Apr 20, 2024 8:27:39 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Unixchick
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:

Just checked the project stats for MCM here and noticed we are over 1 million returned WUs a day !!! Thank you techs, we see the improvement !
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Unixchick at Apr 22, 2024 3:12:26 PM]
[Apr 22, 2024 3:10:46 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Boca Raton Community HS
Advanced Cruncher
Project Badges:

Just checked the project stats for MCM here and noticed we are over 1 million returned WUs a day !!! Thank you techs, we see the improvement !

Things were good but I am seeing the signs of a reduction in work coming (something might change though). One of our most powerful systems will see the reduction (lack of work- about 20% utilization) before anything else. Then, we can see that our total amount of work queued is reducing versus what it was before the weekend. I can't say something is definitely wrong, but it looks like a slow down in work being sent out.
[Apr 22, 2024 4:09:27 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Unixchick
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:

Thanks for the update BRCHS. I'm seeing a few errors on the site here and there, so I hope this means they are testing things and working on things. Ultimately I like them to reduce MCM so they can add ARP.
[Apr 22, 2024 5:01:49 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
TLD
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

None of my machines have had a full 2 day queue since the slow down when they were catching up with the deleting old results.

I'm getting enough to keep them all busy though, so good enough.

[Apr 22, 2024 7:08:11 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Windows continues to have 100% queue. Linux has improved to 80 to 90&% of queue.
Cheers
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[Apr 22, 2024 7:35:13 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Grumpy Swede
Master Cruncher
Svíþjóð
Project Badges:

Back to lots of "503 Service Unavailable" errors, and also "System Error", and from time to time "Log In" window, when already logged in, but not recognized as logged in.
Edit, added: And an extremely slow website.

If/when ARP comes back, at the same time as OPNG tasks are available, I fear that everything will come to a screeching halt.

[Edit 2 times, last edit by Grumpy Swede at Apr 24, 2024 3:22:29 AM]
[Apr 24, 2024 3:01:10 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Boca Raton Community HS
Advanced Cruncher
Project Badges:

Back to lots of "503 Service Unavailable" errors, and also "System Error", and from time to time "Log In" window, when already logged in, but not recognized as logged in.
Edit, added: And an extremely slow website.

If/when ARP comes back, at the same time as OPNG tasks are available, I fear that everything will come to a screeching halt.

Does anyone have any estimated timeline for ARP? Like, even a +/-3 month timeline?
[Apr 24, 2024 2:57:20 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
TigerLily
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:

Hi Boca Raton Community HS,

Unfortunately, we do not have an estimated timeline for when ARP will resume. Later today or tomorrow, I will be posting an article with an explanation as to why the timeline is still unclear at this point.
[Apr 24, 2024 5:56:31 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Boca Raton Community HS
Advanced Cruncher
Project Badges:

Hi Boca Raton Community HS,

Unfortunately, we do not have an estimated timeline for when ARP will resume. Later today or tomorrow, I will be posting an article with an explanation as to why the timeline is still unclear at this point.

Sounds good! Thank you! In the mean time, our students are working to put together a new system just for ARP when it becomes live. Even if ARP does not restart, the new system will just be used for other BOINC work that are REALLY large single-threaded work units/tasks.

Looking forward to the update!
[Apr 24, 2024 6:11:25 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 260   Pages: 26   [ Previous Page | 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread